We value your opinion.

We all stand to gain from open communication. Whether it’s used to answer a question, solve a problem or share a success, communication is the key. While we welcome all positive comments you may have, it is equally important for us to know when you have a concern. This enables Haventree Bank to help address your concern and retain your confidence. We use your feedback to continually improve the quality of products and related services we provide to you and other clients. There are a variety of ways you can express your concern or provide positive feedback about your experiences with Haventree Bank. We encourage you to get in touch with us, either by telephone, email, postal mail or fax.

How to Make a Complaint

At Haventree Bank, we are committed to providing the best possible service to all our customers. We understand that sometimes you may have concerns. We want to handle your complaint in the most efficient and professional manner possible.

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to file a complaint with us.

Step 1: Start at the Source

If a problem occurs, it is generally easier to check the facts and
come to a resolution at the point where the problem originated.
This may simply entail a quick telephone call, email or
postal mail. Save yourself valuable time by collecting all the
relevant information before you make your initial contact:

  • Assemble all supporting documents concerning your
    complaint, paying special attention to the date(s)
  • Gather the names of employees involved
  • Document the circumstances and dates
  • Determine your expectation on resolving the complaint

If you have a complaint that is related to a mortgage,
please contact Mortgage Servicing by:
Tel: 1-855-272-0051 Option 6
Email: mortgageservicing@haventreebank.com
Mail: Haventree Bank
Attn. Mortgage Servicing
P.O. Box 1160 Stn TD, Toronto, ON M5K 1P2

If your complaint is related to a GIC Investment,
please contact Deposit Services by:
Tel: 1-855-272-0050 Option 4
Email: gic@haventreebank.com
Mail: Haventree Bank
Attn. Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC)
P.O. Box 1160 Stn TD, Toronto, ON M5K 1P2

Please note we do not recommend sending personal or
financial information via email.

Step 2: Escalate the Complaint

If your problem has not been resolved with the initial contact,
then please escalate to the Complaints Department. Once we
receive your complaint, we will do our best to resolve the issue
quickly, typically within seven business days. If it will take
longer, we will contact you and follow up accordingly.

You can contact the Complaints Department by:
Tel: 1-855-272-0054 Fax: 416-342-0587
Email: complaints@haventreebank.com
Mail: Haventree Bank
Attn. Complaints
P.O. Box 1160 Stn TD, Toronto, ON M5K 1P2

Please include any pertinent contact information where you can
be reached during business hours.

Step 3: Write to Haventree Bank’s
Chief Compliance Officer

If the issue is not resolved after contacting our Complaints
Department, you are entitled to contact our Chief Compliance
Officer (CCO). The CCO is also Haventree Bank’s Chief Privacy Officer

Please send all information outlined in Step 1 to the CCO and
the reasons why your concern has not been resolved to your
satisfaction. All dealings are kept in the strictest confidence and
any parties involved in a dispute receive a fair and impartial
hearing. There is no charge for this service.

Please note, the CCO’s office does not normally investigate concerns regarding;

  • Haventree Bank’s policies, including credit granting policies or risk-management decisions;
  • Levels of interest rates, service charges or fees that apply to all customers; and
  • Matters where legal action has already commenced or has been concluded.

You can contact the Compliance Department by:
Email: compliance@haventreebank.com
Mail: Haventree Bank
Attn. Compliance Department
P.O. Box 1160 Stn TD, Toronto, ON M5K 1P2

Please include any pertinent contact information where you can
be reached during business hours.

Step 4: Escalation to a Government Agency or Mediator

Efforts to settle an unresolved servicing issue may require an
independent mediator or government agency. They assist
disputing parties to work toward a mutually acceptable resolution.
You may take your complaint to one of the organizations
listed below, depending upon the nature of the complaint.

Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPCC).
If your complaint involves a Privacy matter and the CCO/CPO
has not resolved your complaint, please escalate your concerns
to the OPCC.

You can contact the OPCC by:
Tel: 1-800-282-1376 Fax: 1 819 994 5424
TTY: 1-819-994-6591
Website: www.priv.gc.ca
Mail: Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, QC K1A 1H3

Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI).
If your complaint is about a product or service that we offer or
any other matter other than a Privacy matter, Haventree Bank has
engaged the services of the OBSI to act as an independent
mediator to adjudicate complaints that have not been resolved
to your satisfaction by Haventree Bank’s CCO.

You can contact the OBSI by:
Toll free: 1-888-451-4519 Fax: 1-888-422-2865
TTY: 1-855-889-6274
Email: ombudsman@obsi.ca
Mail: Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments
401 Bay Street, Suite 1505
P.O. Box 5, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4

The OBSI complaint form can be downloaded or submitted
online from their website at www.obsi.ca.

Please note you have up to 180 calendar days after receiving
Haventree’s response to submit a complaint to the OBSI.

Financial Consumer Agency of Canada

The FCAC supervises all federally regulated financial institutions, such as Haventree Bank, to ensure that we comply with federal consumer protection provisions. It also educates consumers, and monitors industry codes of conduct and public commitments designed to protect consumer interests.

These consumer protection provisions cover a variety of operating
practices that directly affect our clients. For example, financial
institutions are required by law to provide consumers with
information about their fees, interest rates and complaint handling
procedures. Specific complaints made in writing will be
assessed by the FCAC on a case-by-case basis to determine
whether a federal consumer protection issue exists and, if so,
what necessary action should be taken.

If you have a complaint that you think may involve a violation of a consumer protection law, a public commitment or a code of conduct, you may contact the FCAC at any time in the entire process.

You can contact the FCAC by:
Tel: 1-866-461-3222
Website: https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency.html
Mail: The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
Enterprise Building, 427 Laurier Ave. W, 6th Fl,
Ottawa, ON K1R 1B9

Back to Top